7.07.2008

Wait, Brett said what?! O no he di'int!

What's going on in Wisconsin today, you might ask?

I'll tell you what's going on in Wisconsin today - Sports. Sports. Sports. And sports. Sports. More sports. Oh, and someone (who played sports) was struck by lightning and Milwaukee has a gang problem, but who can concentrate on those things when Brett Favre is sending text messages?!

Evidently not the state of Wisconsin.

I enjoy sports, and the Brewers are my baseball team of choice and the Packers are the Packers, so I don't mind sports being in the news, but this is all I've heard about all day. For two days. They've even stopped talking about the weather, there's so much to say about the sports. Sports and weather, that's what we know about in Wisconsin.

It might be just a little silly, is all I'm saying.



I mean, this is the state that invented the racing sausage. We must already know sports are at least a little silly.

Though now I've got a hankerin' for a brat with some Secret Stadium Sauce...

(My favorite article about the Sabathia trade is this one, which declares, "Sabathia turns 28 on July 21 and will become a free agent after this season. The Indians selected him the first round of the 1988 draft and he has been with the franchise ever since." So... he's been playing professional baseball since he was 8? The kid's got talent!)

No comments: