1.02.2009

You're older than you've ever been and now you're even older.

I'm slowly coming to the realization that things get more difficult as we get older.

It is harder to see. It is harder to hear. It's harder to keep in touch with the friends you have. It's harder to make new friends when you move to a new place. It's harder to find something decent on television or the radio (kids these days...). It's harder to afford the things you want. It's harder to remember things.

Of course, it might not be that I'm getting old. I might just need a new prescription for my contacts and my television might be farther away in this apartment than the last one. I might need to clean my ears. Perhaps everyone is just a lot busier than they used to be, and I'm farther away. It could also be that television and music just aren't as good as they used to be. Maybe the things I want now are just more expensive than Star Wars action figures and Legos. And it could be that I've always been this forgetful.

Eh, I can't remember.

What was I talking about?

No comments: